Saturday, March 14, 2015

Right Now

Alamae James is sleeping in the swing by my side. Tom is at the indoor pool with the other three.

It's peaceful and spring will be here soon.  The waiting is over and my heart is undergoing the beautiful growing that occurs while it stretches and expands to hold another person within it.

These people are mine. It is almost more than I can bear. They love me and they love each other and it feels so perfectly perfect that I don't even know that language can begin to encompass the totality of it all.

Every cliche is true. I'm like a sixteen year old falling in love for the first time. My eyes see things differently, see things better, rosier, certainly. Every word I want to write feels like bragging. I want to hold on to this feeling, but maybe more quietly, privately. Here I am sharing because I know no other way. I have never been good at keeping things to myself.

It doesn't matter that it is damp and gray outside. Silver linings dance around the edges of my view.

There are so many people to love in this world. There is so much to see and so much to do and even doing almost nothing feels like just the right thing.




2 comments:

  1. I love your words, mama, and the way you make them dance with life and passion. Thank you for sharing them with us!

    Hugs and love to you,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sena's face looking at her baby sister is almost more than I can bear.

    ReplyDelete