Sunday, March 30, 2014

This Weekend We

This weekend it rained, and we didn't go far. And we didn't see friends, and it was mostly just time for us. And even though I didn't know it, we really needed that.

Sena, Gus, and I went for a rainy morning walk to the beach, while Tom and Arlo slept.  And it's too bad that the word magical has been over-used by me and pretty much everyone else too because it is the right word for that rainy, misty morning.

We spent the afternoon at the indoor pool pretending that it was summer, and then the cherry on my Saturday was taking Sena and Gus to go see Neil Simon's The Sunshine Boys at the community theater, starring none other than my husband and my father. It's great to laugh at people you love.


The weekend was restful and calm, as quiet as it will ever get around these parts. And it was a great reminder to sometimes make fewer plans, to sometimes see fewer people, to go to sleep a little earlier and sleep in a little later. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great little reminder to keep things simple. This picture is the best!!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete