Sunday, March 16, 2014

This Weekend We- We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves

Our book club read We Are All Completely Besides Ourselves this month, and, as a direct result, I have thought of Arlo as a chimpanzee more times than I can count. It wasn't my very favorite book we've read, but the book club is about way more than any book.

This go around was at our house, and the men were invited because there was a bourbon/ whiskey tasting involved, although none of the men came in for the mini-lecture and subsequent sipping. I learned what I always suspected: I am not bourbon drinker. Jameson's was my favorite, and I'm pretty sure that makes me really uncool when it comes down to it. 

The weather was wonderful, and we played yard games. We ate tacos inspired by this recipe by my friend Kate, and for the first time, Arlo was not the only baby in attendance. Groups made their way down to the beach while I tried to convince anyone who would listen that they absolutely had to move to Chesapeake Beach. And the night ended with a bonfire, which is how I plan for all parties to end now that we have that option.

Kristlyn and her kids spent the night. Every party should be a slumber party. The morning after is always my favorite part. Maybe that's why I am always trying to convince everyone to move to my neighborhood; maybe I just want people to drink coffee with.

6 comments:

  1. I'll move there if we can drink coffee, have bon fires, hang out, husbands drink bourbon and kids run free to play! I'm all into that! I just spent a lot of time going through your blog, wanting to comment on every single post and I just want to say, I love you! I'm so glad you commented on my post so I could find you. It's rare I ever feel like I find another blogger I can relate to but you, yes! You get it mama! So happy to add your blog to my reading list! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Nicole, way to make my morning. I'm so glad I found your blog. Among the many things I'm looking forward to over there is seeing your house progress. I love that stuff.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking to my pork taco recipe! And I could almost be persuaded to move to CB with all the great SMCM folks that live there! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, currently, it's just me and Tom as far as SMCM alumni goes BUT in the future...
      And Steve and Christina are only 20 minutes so they count as almost.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's not too shabby. Pretty much the highlight of my social calendar every month.

      Delete