Sunday, December 8, 2013

This Weekend- Prohibition Party

My friend Christina was born on the fiftieth anniversary of the repeal of prohibition. 
This year, for her thirtieth birthday, we celebrated her and legalized drinking 
with plenty of jazz and lots of fringe. It was just what I needed. 

There were men in suspenders playing stringed instruments and there were little boys sliding down stairs. There were oysters and venison and rockfish and so many friends coming together to celebrate Christina, who is as good as you could ever ask for.  She is a loyal friend to me and to my family. She is easy going and kind. She is a year older and it was so good to drink some cocktails in her honor.







A night with friends and dancing did wonders to improve my holiday spirit, even if fear I would sell my soul for a nap right about now. Today there has been some snow, so I guess it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas.






No comments:

Post a Comment