Thursday, October 24, 2013

Present Progressive



attempting/ meal planning
playing/ peek-a-boo and other games on the floor
wanting/ kilim pillows and brass jewelry
reading/ Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver
trying/ to spend less
dreaming/ of how to stay home next year
eating/ roasted beets with goat cheese and all the orange vegetables I can get my hands on
listening/  to Shovels and Rope and laughter from the other room
going/ to Brooklyn
doing/ small projects to make our house our very own
wearing/ black dresses and boots day after day after day
watching/ Call th Midwife and Louis
cleaning/ dried leaves carried in on feet still bare despite the chill in the hair
wishing/ for patience and contentment
finishing/ a weaving I started last February
needing/ a full night sleep
hoping/ to be still in the moment more often
praying/ prayers of thanks my children and my family and the people I love



1 comment:

  1. A lovely list indeed. I love Barbara Kingsolver. Thanks for dropping by my space. Look forward to seeing the cottage of your dreams take shape! x

    ReplyDelete