Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A-Okay

Some days I declare good enough. It's enough that I finally got to the bottom of my laundry basket, so everything else can wait.

It's fine that every window in the house needs washed. There is absolutely no chance that will happen anytime soon.

It's okay that most of the closets in the house look like some sort of natural disaster occurred within them.

It's perfectly acceptable that I ate a half pint of Ben and Jerry's when I came home while hiding from my kids because I didn't want to share.

Because if there is one thing I know, it's that good enough is good enough.  There are books to be read and pictures to stare at.  Who cares that there are dirty plates hiding in the depths of this sink?


4 comments:

  1. your kitchen is just golden. i love everything about this post. i have to wait until my babes are in bed to eat ice cream so i don't have to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to pretend that it's for their own good. I mean, I don't want to instill bad eating habits in them, do I?

      Delete
  2. Pshh, placing the dishes & angling the camera just so is nothin' but a little bit of photo styling ;)

    ReplyDelete