Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sips: Cucumber Collins

For far too many years, I was a box-o-wine kind of girl, a jug-o-wine kind of girl when I was trying to be fancy. I always figured I would evolve into a real, life red wine out of a bottle sort of adult, but as it turns out, I would way rather drink a cocktail. And I like to try to convince myself that said cocktails are somehow healthier than red wine with its myriad reported health benefits. I add fruit and vegetables and other green stuff sometimes to my cocktails, so that has got to be healthy. Also, my grandparents are kickin' it at ninety, and they do not mess around when it comes to their nightly martinis. I figure I'm really just upholding important family values.
As of late, the Moscow Mule, my previous go to, has been replaced with the Cucumber Collins, and because, like I said, I really like being healthy, I've figured out a sorta, kinda Paleo version, you know, if cavemen had cocktails that is.

What ya need:
3 slices of cucumber
the juice of one lemon
about a third of a squirter full of lemon flavored stevia (I like the SweetLeaf Brand)
a shot of gin (I've been using Boombay Sapphire, but I'm going to try to find a GMO free gin when this bottle is done)
club soda
ice

You muddle the cucumber and the lemon juice in the bottom of the glass, add the stevia and the gin, fill it up with ice, top it off with club soda, and give it a stir.

Add caption


It is light, crisp, refreshing  and about a half dozen other synonyms meanings approximately the same thing. It will make you long for summer time, but won't be ruining your bikini bod, not that I have ever worn a bikin, but I imagine that if I did wear a bikini, this wouldn't mess that up.

3 comments:

  1. This looks sooo refreshing. The sun has been out a lot lately, so I'm SO in the mood for Summer. I think I might try this on a warm day and sip it out on the balcony. Thank you :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This drink is designed for balconies, porches, patios, and decks.

      Delete