Friday, April 5, 2013

Replacement


It seems to me like the best way to get rid of a bad habit is to replace it with a good one. Life should be full. I don't want to focus on things I can't have or do. I'm trying to fill my life with things that are healthy and will bring me more happiness, (and while those Collins might not be healthy, despite my best efforts,at the end of the day, they bring me enough happiness to make up for it.) Diet soda, on the other hand, brought me very little happiness, but there was some ritual to drinking them, a break from my desk, an excuse to get up, and head to the teachers' lounge vending machine. I like small rituals. So I'm replacing those sodas with mugs and glasses full of green tea, served hot or cold. Green tea, with its myriad health benefits and its complete lack of plastic packaging, what a better thing to fill my body.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same struggle (damn diet coke must be created with addiction in mind!) but haven't found a replacement that works for me. I've tried green tea, or any other tea, and it just doesn't have the right effect. I do love a kombucha for a treat, but nothing gives me the fun bubbly kick of dc :( it is my nasty habit. I still drink it 4-5 times a week but I used to be A LOT worse!

    ReplyDelete