Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A Few Things

  1. Since the beginning of the year I've read My Brilliant Friend, Winter Wheat, The Girls of Corona del Mar, and Parable of the Sower, all written by women. I wish that my New Year's resolution had been "read more novels written by female writers" because I would be killin' it. All four of them are worth reading.
  2. My friend sent me a link to the Bee Caves this week, and I can't stop listening to this song
  3. I don't believe in crystals, but these earrings make me think I just might be wrong. Tom bought me a pair for our anniversary last spring because I loved my friend's pair. I wore them almost everyday until I lost them when I took the kids to Philadelphia. I missed them so much that he bought me a new pair for Christmas. Then a week or two ago, my friend Kat told me she found the missing earring. So now I will have a spare pair of my magical earrings that make me feel powerful and cool whenever I put them on. 
  4. Old news, but Sena and I watched Iris a few months back, and I think of it often. That woman makes me excited to get old.
  5. I don't wear tee-shirts but I made an exception for this one.  
  6. I'm writing a monthly contribution for  Indi Moonrose, which is a warm,  beautiful little piece of the internet. Last month I did a write up on bone broth and now I'm working on a piece about turmeric.  It's fun to work on a different style of writing and photography.

1 comment:

  1. LOVING this list. wow! that song. the tee. the earrings. iris. indi moonrose. (haven't checked out the books yet). you are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete