Monday, May 16, 2016

This Weekend We

On Saturday we drove up to Baltimore for a Steak and Cake Party at my friends' row house. It was a welcome excursion and we got to see lots of people I have gone far too long without. And I would show you pictures, but for the first time ever, I think that I accidentally deleted them. Try as I might, I just can't find them lurking around this clunky old Mac, which is especially worrisome, since I spent most on Sunday getting my photography business up and going.

On Sunday morning I drove out to take pictures of my friends / almost in-laws (by the end of the week Rita and I will share a nephew, so that's almost family, right?) They were perfect subjects and represent what I would love to get to do as a photographer, which is to take the most natural photographs of families that I can. Between the infant and toddler, it takes a little bit of staging to get everyone in one shot, but beyond that, it was unposed. They wore their normal clothing and we were in their house and yard before taking a short walk to the corn field across the street. There were no artificial props or uncomfortable outfits. Just them in all their loving beauty.

I am excited and incredibly nervous about starting this business. Creative endeavors can leave me feeling vulnerable. And while there are dozens of reason why maybe I shouldn't do this, there is one really good reason why I should: I love taking pictures of families. Granted, it's been mostly pictures of my own family, but I am excited to get better, to learn and practice, and hopefully, find lots of beauty and truth along the way.

If you are interested, I spent some time getting some bare bones accounts up and at it.  Check them out and please follow along. This blog and my personal instagram are going to sta

Website : BRACKISHPHOTOGRAPHY.COM
Instagram: @brackishphotography
Facebook: Brackish Photography Page

And if you are local, or semi-local, please get in touch if you're interested in booking a session. While I get this off the ground, I am offering heavily discounted rates.


2 comments:

  1. So excited! This is a perfect job for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the end of the week and you don't have a nephew to share. I'm not so happy about that but, I am happy you are doing what you love to do. I love you

    ReplyDelete