Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Brackish Reflections

It started with the photography business; as I put creative energy in to it, I started to neglect this.

And then the election ripped the ground from under my feet, and I was having a hard time finding how to exist here without ranting, wailing, crying. 

I feel out of practice. There are so many thoughts swirling, and I can't quite remember how I let them come to fill the screen. 

Over the past four years, the practice of documenting my family has brought be immeasurable joy. But truthfully, I started to become self-conscious saying the same things over and over again. Repeating myself and repeating what so many other mothers are saying across this wide web. But I want to return to that even if it means I will be repeating the same few ideas ad neuseam. Even if it means the occasional rant, now and again. Because there is value in giving my thoughts space to settle. In allowing myself moments of reflection. 

2 comments:

  1. This picture is beautiful. I was worried at first that you were going to say you're quitting; I'm glad you're not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you. Been thinking a lot of this same stuff, but I have written in my real journal a lot more. I have the urge to blog more now, to make scrapbooks and write things down and create a written mythology of our lives again. I'm taking up the pen, the keyboard, and the camera.

    ReplyDelete