Tuesday, October 4, 2016

This Weekend We

It seems we are having a hard time shaping our weekends as of late. We're in an in-between time, though I still don't know what the other side will look like.

We haven't had people over as often, and we haven't planned weekends away. Weekends seems to be just full enough to make plans hard, but not quite full enough to feel, well, full.

This weekend, on a rainy Saturday when Sena and Gus were off with friends and Arlo refused to leave his Oma's house, Alamae and I snuck off to the library to gather our arms full of books, in an attempt to give myself a free art history education. Then the two of us went to share a bowl of butternut squash soup and a shortbread cookie, before coming home to watch Advanced Style. Alamae, with her penchant for mismatched shoes, is tastemaker in the making.


And then on Sunday, one of the most proud making moments of motherhood happened when I watched Augustus wade through those baptismal waters and profess his love for Jesus in front of a church full of people. My Gus loves Jesus is a way so pure and whole and beautiful that it makes makes me believe deep in my heart, that he is bound to make this world a kinder, more loving place. His spiritual wisdom is something to behold. If more people followed Jesus's two most important commandments the way Gus does (#1: Love the Lord your God with all your heart #2 Love your neighbor as yourself), I can't even begin to imagine amazing changes we would see and feel and experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment